FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TILT UPDATED BY REFOCUS TECH WITH MANY CHANGES, NEW FEATURES AND MORE
Leading Blackberry 10 development studio ReFocus Tech updates their apps ‘Tilt’ with new features, fixes and permanent price reduction!
Pune, India (January 22, 2015) – Today ReFocus Tech pushed out the long awaited update for their most popular app ‘Tilt’ on BlackBerry World.
The update to Tilt is a huge surprise from development studio ReFocus Tech.
This is a major update to Tilt covering all of the requested features and changes suggested by users over the last year.
On the update and the recent controversies surrounding the app, ReFocus Tech’s CEO Mayur More said, “We are extremely sorry to all our users for making them have to wait for so long for the update. We had given up on Tilt, but thanks to the support of the BlackBerry Developer community and the love for the app shown by all of our users- we decided to rebuild the whole app from the ground up. Regarding the public controversies surrounding Tilt, I hope we all can put that behind us, as things like these keep on happening- it can only make us stronger to face what lies ahead. A special shout out to CellNinja (Roger LeBlanc) for his continuous support and guidance through the course of the project.”
Tilt is a contextual app with an adaptive user interface. It manages the user’s news, weather, priority notes, battery stats, calendar and places. The app is built on the proprietary Sidekick Engine, the same contextual backend used in the award-winning app ARKick. It is used to manage the priority of all the users contextual information.
The app features an adaptive user interface based on BlackBerry Sweden’s Tilt UI concept. Based on the phone’s gyroscopic orientation the information is displayed to give a non-obtrusive experience to the user.
Tilt v18.104.22.168 Changelogs:
- Complete revamp of the app with better User Experience and interface
- Added ‘Stocks’ Block
- Added ‘Messages’ Block (Shows emails and SMS messages)
- Added Swipe to Refresh on each Block
- Added Custom Priority settings for each Block (High, Medium and Low)
- Added a ‘Themes’ option in Application Menu. Total 13 themes are available
- Added new ‘Squircle’ animation on Refresh and Loading
- Added new fade in animation on tilting the device
- Added option to choose the number of Blocks visible. You can display from 4 to 7 blocks, with default 7 blocks being shown
- Added option to Restore In-App Purchases in Settings menu
- Added option to add and remove unlimited number of stocks to follow
- Added option to change Stock Update Interval
- Added option to have Tilt mode Persist on Startup
- Added option to turn of LED Notifications
- Added new highlight animation on updating blocks (Can be disabled in settings)
- Added option for distance (Metric or Imperial)
- Added ‘Crackberry’ as an option in News Feed
- Added new pages in Tutorial to reflect new features
- Added random popup to join ReFocus BBM Channel once in a while
- Active frame adjusted to show the colors from the current theme in Tilt
- Active frame now shows icon on top when frame is longer than wide, and shows icon to the left when frame is wider than long
- Active frame design tweaked with padding and adjustments
- ActionItem will be on Signature for 10.3+
- Tutorial now has a ‘cancel’ button and is in a Scroll View
- Tapping on ‘Places’ block now shows options to Call place, Show in Maps or Open in Foursquare
- Tapping on ‘Events’ Block invokes Calendar app as an invokable card
- Tapping on ‘News’ Block invokes reader mode Powered by Readability
- Tapping on ‘Email’ Block invokes default mail or SMS app
- ‘Battery’ Block now displays if your phone is charging
- ‘Weather’ Block icon changes depending on the current weather
- Changed minimum OS version to 10.2 (from 10.0 previously)
- Changes to Temperature setting now reflect in both ‘Weather’ and ‘Battery’ block
- Changed links in the Settings menu to reflect new social profiles, website and email
- Changed default color scheme
- Changed the ‘Help’ menu to reflect new changes and additions
- New app icon
- New icon set for internal icons
- Improved impact on battery and CPU usage (< 0.5% on average)
- Refreshing the app now refreshes almost instantly
- Swiping left on Email block marks that Email as ‘Read’ from Tilt
- Removed useless context menus on long press for all blogs
- Removed spacing between blocks
- Removed Time display
- Removed ‘Notes’ Block
Tilt for BlackBerry 10 is available on the BlackBerry® World™ storefront for $0.99:
Previously it was priced at $1.99 but now the price has permanently been reduced to $0.99
About ReFocus Tech
ReFocus Tech is a technology startup working on application, game and web development. Currently focusing on Augmented Reality technologies, contextual apps and 3D Game Development. The team creates optimal and quick solutions for challenging problems, be it an app or a website – no fuss, just honest hard work and a great team.
You can subscribe to ReFocus Tech’s ‘Most Valuable Customer’ program on their website. All MVC’s are eligible for instant updates, giveaways, news, tips and more!
We’ve prepared a short video demo for you:
As well as screenshots, courtesy ReFocus Tech: