If you’re the one who likes to edit or sketch on photos here’s a great app for you. Snap2Share by Marco Bavagnoli (recently featured on the BlackBerry Developer blog) is a new app that allows you to edit photos, add text, watermark, add effects and much more.
Once launched, Snap2Share main screen displays a quick tutorial, or you can watch a demo video (brought also here further down) before starting to use the app.
The app itself allows you to choose whether load and crop a photo or draw straight on a blank screen with a background color of your choosing. Beyond that, you can add a caption or highlight something important by circling it and share it to your friends. The app is designed for people who want to mark on a screenshot or an image and share it with friends in the most efficient way.
As hinted by its name, the app provides headless service that allows you to “Snap” screenshots or photos taken by your device camera and edit them on the spot. The free version allows use of all functions of the application with the exception of saving your work. For that you should be saving to buy the full version for $1.99/€1.79.
- Full native and headless application.
- BBM™ connected application.
- The app can be invoked when a screenshots or a photo is taken to let you edit within the app.
- Headless service can be disabled.
- Tools to draw free hand, lines, arrows, ellipses, rectangle with a given thickness.
- Tool to choose an overlay image and put over your photos/images as a watermark.
- The overlay image may have a shadow or a white transparent background and can be zoomed / panned.
- Tool to stamp available set of icons.
- Tool to write text and choose which font to use. The text can be watermarked like the overlay image with shadow or transparent background.
- 4 different kind of strokes: normal, blur, motion blur, highlight.
- One undo available.
- Open an existing image or start over a new one.
- Save or share your work.
- Custom contextual menu to speed up edit/paint operations.
Demo video made by Roy from BerryIL (Hebrew commentary):
As mentioned above, Snap2Share goes for free, with option to purchase the full version from within the app itself.